Overmax is an independent startup game studio focusing on creating top-notch mobile games for iOS and Android, and providing the best localization service to our partners. Founded by a verteran of 20 years' experience in game industry, Tom (Zhongning) Tang, Overmax is located in Canada’s mobile games hub in Charlottetown PEI. Tom was also the founder of Astepgame in Beijing, China before moving to Canada. One of the most popular award-winning game series of Astepgame, Three Kingdom TD, has been played by over 60 million users all over the world. Before that, Mr. Tang worked with Microsoft in the Xbox 360 team and other game development / publishing companies in China.
2D Game Artist
We are looking for an experienced and talented 2D mobile game artist to join our growing team. We are looking for a creative individual with experience in multiple and varied art styles.
- Create game ready assets and animations including environments, characters, UI elements and menus.
- Create marketing material.
- Work closely with programers, game designers, and testers.
- Strong 2D Illustration skills.
- Strong understanding of animation principles.
- Ability to work with a variety of art styles.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Have a passion for games!
Senior Game Designer
Overmax is seeking a Senior Game Designer. The ideal person would have AAA experience making something nerdy and terrific. They would also have mobile and free to play experience. This person will have sky high IQ, strong understanding of game systems mechanics, expertise in designing and tuning free-to-play monetization systems from conception, to development, to live operations.
- Design the metagame systems that will delight millions of users around the world.
- Drive the design of gameplay systems that maximize engagement, revenue, and retention
- Work with engineers, other designers, and content creators to define, plan, and iterate game features to a high quality standard
- Tune and balance gameplay systems
- Provide clear feature documentation, diagrams, wireframes and/or prototypes.
Senior Mobile Game Programmer
Overmax is seeking a Senior Game Programmer in Charlottetown, PE.
- Development and maintenance of cross-platform mobile technology.
- Collaborate and work with other programmers, designers and artists in a creative and fast-paced environment.
- Create, test, debug and maintain game code and scripts.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Verifiable proficiency with C++, Object Oriented Design and Design Patterns.
- Mobile device or Embedded development experience.
- Architectural experience (client/server preferred).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows platforms.
- 6+ years of programming experience.
- Good communication skills.